mdArch
Below is another scam mail sent to me today. If you are interested, please read it, though it does not have much difference from the first one I posted before.

PLEASE READ AND GET BACK TO ME.
Sunday, December 6, 2009 09:43
From:
"sandragado1990@cantv.net"
To:
sandragado1990@cantv.net

Greetings,

My name is Miss Sandra Conte , I am 19 years old and The daughter of former late Guinea President Lansana Conte,who died on Monday, 23th Dec 2008, after a long illness, aged 74 years old. As a matter of fact, I am the only one in the family who knows about the money he deposited in a bank here in Abidjan CoteD'Ivoire, He deposited the sum of ($6 Million United States dollars).

My late father handed over the documents of this deposit to me before his
untimely death, Now as he is dead, I wish to seek for your partnership to assistme to move this money to your country fore investment..

This is 100% risk free and I will give you 20% of the total amount involve. If you are interested I will send you the full confidential details of thedeposit as a good partner that I can trust to assist me. Can I trust you in this transaction? If you receive this letter, kindly send me an e-mail signifying your interest including your most confidential telephone/fax numbers for quick communication also your contact details.Please reply me with my private email:sandraconte2009@hotmail.fr

This business is risk free hence we can perfect it within few days upon your readiness. Check the news: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2 /hi/africa/7797935.stm

Respectfully,

Miss Sandra Conte


You see..it has difference from the one I posted before.
Here, she said that she was daughter of the former late Guinea President. If the previous one's sender told us his position in a bank or an organization, this one did not. This thing makes different thoughts. It makes sense if an employee of a bank secretly asked for someone's help to move out money in the bank, which sounds like part of crime. But when family of a passed-away customer of a bank want to have the money deposited, why would she need help from unknown people? It is non-sense.

Another thing to pay attention is the address.
If you take a look at it carefully, you will realize that the "From" (it is the word "Dari" in my language) address is the same as the "To" (it is "Kepada" here) address. It is sure very weird thing, isn't it?

Honestly, I have received countless scam mails from different senders, but the message inside was the same as the first scam I received. I posted this one because it has different style, makes it seems free of risk.

Therefore, I would like to warn you for this kind of mail. How do you know it is a scam? Very easy!
1. The sender usually gives himself a position in a certain bank (or perhaps organization). Here, the most told bank is BANK OF AFRICA (B.O.A) in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso.
2. In the mail, you are told about sum of money (usually in million US Dollar) deposited in the bank which left by a passed-away customer (usually, you are told that the customer died in an accident).
3. Most of the mail includes a link to a news site (such as http://news.bbc.co.uk and http://www.cnn.com) to convince you about the death of the customer.
4. The sender asks for help to transfer the ownerless money out of the bank, and the money will be shared between you and the sender.
5. He/She then asks for your trust and tell you that the information is secret and shall not be exposed.
6. Usually, he/she then will asks you to give your personal informations, such as full name, age, phone number, occupation, country and city, etc.
7. Some scam mails (not all) I received have weird characteristics. For example, when you want to reply the mail, the the textbox for destination address is automatically filled by different e-mail address. Or like the one above, she told you to reply to address which is different from the address she used there.

Category: | edit post
0 Responses